Kim Furphy, Administrator
Kim has a long history at Tappan Zee Manor. She joined the Tappan Zee Manor family in 1999, as Activities Assistant working over the summer while home from college. Following graduation she worked as part time bookkeeper, then as Case Manager while getting her Masters in Counseling. In 2008 she was promoted to Administrator.
Kim is very passionate about helping the Senior community. Working in Assisted Living is like opening up a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get. Kim is responsible for the overall operations at Tappan Zee Manor, ensuring we are in compliance with Department of Health Regulations and seeing to the well-being and happiness of the Residents.
She currently lives in New City with her husband and 3 children. When she is not at work you can find her at the local hockey rinks with her children.
- I was supposed to go to school for music specializing in singing
- My favorite vacation spot is Disney World
- Favorite animal is the giraffe
- If I could be any Disney character it would be Moana, as I love being by the water.
Erica Shelley, Case Manager
Erica Shelley is the Case Manager at Tappan Zee Manor. Erica joined our team in 2010 as the Director of Activities and later worked doing Admissions prior to being promoted to her current position.
She has a great passion for helping others and is always up for a good challenge. She is definitely one to “get the job done”. She is passionate about each resident and is grateful to have the opportunity to serve them.
Her favorite part of this job is when residents share their wisdom with her. She feels “they are like walking text books”. Erica is forever in awe of their strength despite their age.
Erica currently resides with her husband in Franklin Lakes, NJ and in her spare time, enjoys doing random crafts and spending time with her family.
- Her degrees are in the field of Criminal Justice
- Her favorite foods are Pizza and French Fries
- Her favorite movies are Clue and Iron Eagle
Wendy Bleiweiss, Admissions Director / Community Relations
Wendy’s 3 W’s: Warm, Welcoming and wonderfully caring to enhance the lives of others.
Wendy began her career as a Recreation Therapist working with Alzheimer’s patients in 1993. She took continuing education courses in all areas of senior health throughout her career.
Working at Tappan Zee Manor since 1998 she had started as Director of Activities to Case Manager, Assistant Administrator and now presently Admissions Director and Community Relations. Her passion is to be an advocate for seniors and help them to enjoy their lives and working together as a team at Tappan Zee Manor.
- Favorite Movie The Wizard Of Oz
- Favorite Drink: Coffee, her go to energy source!
- Favorite Fact: Wendy ‘s Family and Friends mean everything , including Tappan Zee Family!
- Favorite Actor: Of course Van Johnson ! He called he his Daughter
Marie Muñoz, LPN
Marie is proud to serve as the Nursing Director for Tappan Zee Manor in charge of the Wellness Dept. Marie received her LPN from Thomas Edison College where she always knew that geriatrics would be her passion. She also has experience in the area of obstetrics and gynecology as well as Perinatology.
In her spare time she enjoys crocheting, playing guitar, gardening and she is very artistic. Most of all she enjoys her 6 beautiful grandchildren.
- Marie has love for animals especially horses.
- She had raised a baby raccoon for 2-3 yrs
- She spent most summers growing up on her aunts Farm and even trained in barrel racing for rodeos.
- Cinderella and Snow White are her favorite Disney characters.
Patty Brady, Director of Activities
Patty is a Certified Therapeutic Recreational Therapist who has been working at Tappan Zee Manor since 2012 and currently is the Director of Activities. She is responsible for providing a wide variety of educational, creative, physical, social and spiritual activities for all in our community. Prior to joining the Tappan Zee Manor team Patty worked as the Therapeutic Recreation Director at nursing homes in Queens and Westchester.
- My favorite movie is My Cousin Vinny.
- My favorite TV shows are Seinfeld and Schitt’s Creek.
- Favorite vacation spots were Egypt, Japan and Prince Edward Island.
- Favorite bird is the cardinal and the meaning of one appearing in my life.
Rose DeLuca, Finance Director
Rose Imperioli DeLuca joined Tappan Zee Manor in 2013. This position as Finance Director started as a 2-3 day a week job and quickly became full-time. Rose is responsible for account’s payables/ receivables and ordering supplies. She also dabbles in HR to assist the employees with payroll. Residents depend on Rose for their monthly invoices and know they can go to her with any questions. Multi- tasking is her strength. She supervises the Front Desk and Housekeeping department as well.
Rose lives In New City where her 3 daughters grew up. She now has 8 Grandchildren. All are girls except for one Grandson. At age 94 when her Mom passed away, she knew working at TZ Manor was her calling. One day she will write a book about all she learned from the loving Residents. They make her smile every day!
- My favorite animal is a Flamingo
- I wanted to be a Math teacher
- I love pizza and red licorice!